Sunday, December 5, 2010

C4K Summary 8 - 11

students in classroom
C4K #8: I commented on a first grade blog from Ms. Cassidy’s class. The students have been using Vocaroo. Vocaroo is software that allows the students to record themselves reading a story and upload it to their blog. This is a great way to get students exciting about reading and sharing.
C4K #9: This classroom is in Ms. Gaudet’s sixth grade class in Ontario, Canada. My assigned student had no blog posts, so I commented on Brian’s instead. Brian had posted some information on a science project. It was a very good post. I asked him if he enjoyed blogging, and his reply was “not really”. However, his post was well-written for a sixth grader.
C4K #10: Ms. Melito’s class blog was one of the most interesting C4K’s that I have done. This is a math class, so I was curious what the students were actually going to blog on. Ms. Melito has done a great job incorporating blogging into the math class. The post that I read was about a mathematician, and it was very good work.
C4K #11: I commented on a student’s blog from Mrs. Huebner’s class. The student blog post was about Christmas. I left the student a comment, but I was more interested in Mrs. Huebner’s blog. Her blog addressed questions specifically to parents such as “What was school like when you were growing up?”. This is a great way to get parents involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment